Monday 29 September 2008

Acrobatics

Went down to Hawick on Saturday there to visit Sean, Morven and Leo who treated us to some popcorn and a couple of games on the Wii. The bowling was a close game every time with me only beating Sean by two pins in one game much to his annoyance. The baseball, however, was a very different matter as I obviously cannot play wii baseball to save myself. I was lucky if I was hitting the ball and even if I did the furthest it would get would be approximately thirty feet max. It is good fun though and if my mum forces us to have a wedding list then that will be going on it (only joking...). Quite a tiring drive going to Hawick though, lots of windy roads and sharp bends. It was mostly a great, sunny, day and we were treated to some good views on the way down the A7 and on the way home were treated to a spectacular red tinted sunset, if there had been any lay-bys I could have got some very nice shots but unfortunately the winding A7 lacks any such thing.
Last night Ka and myself were in Glasgow for a very nice meal in the Metropolitan in the Candleriggs area of the city. Overlooking the courtyard below we dined quite happily but just a little disconcerted by the stripping security guard dancing over our heads on two curtains. The waitress informed us on sitting that we were just in time for the show. We had no idea what she was talking about until a uniformed man in a hard hat started climbing a long purple curtain from the ground level below and piece by piece started freeing himself from his clothes. Using two curtains the acrobat swung, spun and flipped just beyond us and our table space on the Metropolitan balcony over the cobbles below. After five minutes my starter arrived and I became a little worried as the acrobat managed to get down to his pants. As good an acrobat as he was, I wasn't sure of watching a man swing about overhead in his tight pants whilst eating my bacon and black pudding salad. However, I breathed a sigh of relief as he slowed his performance to a stop and descended the curtain to the applause of the gathered crowd below. He was good, but not as good as the dinner.

No comments: