Friday 30 May 2008

Birthdays and Bruce

Friday once again.
Busy weekend ahead with various birthdays and gatherings going on not to mention any painting I can squeeze in. Almost finished the chrysanthemum and have started on the backgrounds of a few new canvases so plenty to keep me going. Looking forward to doing more character pieces like 'The Tortured Man' and 'The Conversation' and having a break from flowers. They are great to do but I'm looking forward to telling a story again with a painting.
I can't believe it's june tomorrow?! Halfway through the year.
Gran Reid is 80 this weekend so best wishes to her on her special birthday. I'm sure we'll all have a great time on Sunday to celebrate. The family is gathering in a local hotel for sunday lunch. Very fancy.
Happy Birthdays also go to Chaz aka Charlie boy! He hits the grand old age of 30 today following Colin who also hit the milestone last weekend. My two buddies ever since the first day of school and hopefully for the next thirty years! Colin was in Dublin seeing Bruce Springsteen for his birthday whom Mum, Dad, Tom and Linda were also seeing on Wednesday in Manchester. Mum summed it up in one word...I think is was tremendous. A few years back I seen Bruce in Crystal Palace in London. He was tremendous there also. I was never particularly into his music until I seen him live. The energy and sheer enthusiasm he has for the live show is brilliant. I hope I get the chance to catch him live again.
A belated Happy Birthday should also go to my Dad who also had his birthday last weekend but was away sunning himself somewhere in Spain at the time... alright for some.

No comments: