Friday 2 May 2008

Filling in

Went to the dentist yesterday to get another filling. Not because of tooth decay I must point out but because of receding gums. Receding gums...as if a receding hairline wasn't enough?! Also it was as if the dentist knew I had just hit the afore mentioned age last week she went on to explain that receding gums are a natural part of your gums and mouth aging and getting old! Getting old?! I've seen those adverts! All those smiley folk in white shirts going on about their gums and biting into apples are all going into their fifties?! Fifty is not old of course (I'd better point that out quick!) but I'm only 30 for gawds sake?! Then, to make me even more paranoid, when I went out to book another appointment for six months time the waiting room was full of ancient people - some of them with wheels - whom all moved slowly round to watch me approach the desk. It was like Dentist of the Living Dead! I quickly paid my money and left, every yellowed eyeball in the room rolling in their sockets, watching me move for the door. Getting out I realised I could then breath another sigh of relief, the important thing to remember is I survived the dentist once more. Until October...

No comments: