Monday 2 June 2008

One Up and more Bruce


Spent Saturday night in Royal Exchange Square in Glasgow. 
There's always a good vibe in the Square and plenty of places around it to pop into. First we hit The Social for cocktails and then upstairs to the bar/club One Up. Apparently One Up is one of the places 'to be' in Glasgow but I'm afraid it was a bit of a disappointment to me. Small, overcrowded rooms full of drunk rich folk who obviously all thought they were wonderful. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there must have been a few wonderful people in there somewhere but unfortunately I didn't meet any of them, (except from the friends I was with, of course!). It was Chaz's 30th birthday night out and even though I moan about One Up we all had a great time. Ka and myself left as the bar approached its last half hour leaving Chaz propping up the bar with Steven chatting away to anyone who would talk to them!
Next day, it was Sunday lunch in the Bruce Hotel to celebrate the 80th birthday of Gran (Annie) Reid. She treated everyone to a full three course dinner. Unfortunately I didn't get any tea top-ups but that was a minor complaint as everyone had a good time as Gran did herself but probably didn't drink as much as Chaz had the night before (he was probably still recovering as we finished our dinner!).

No comments: