Friday 25 July 2008

On Bale

The sun was out for a change today but unfortunately I was busy in the office as per usual making fantastic looking adverts. Trapped in the office while the sun blazes outside. Hopefully the sun will stay out for another wander round Glasgow tomorrow. The Glasgow Green Show is on, birthday presents need to be purchased and I'm meeting Ka for a spot of lunch after she visits yet more Wedding dress shops with the Mums. Fortunately this is one part of 'the big W' which I don't need to participate in. Ka is bad enough when she's shopping for a pair of socks!
'The Dark Knight' is out over the weekend too so I'm hoping to catch that at some point. The first of the new Batman movies, 'Batman Begins' really breathed new life into the character and their stories and apparently this second installment, again from the great Christopher Nolan, is even better. Nolan directed the brilliant 'Memento', the dark (literally and descriptively) 'Insomnia' and the engaging 'The Prestige' which, like the new movie, starred Christian Bale and Michael Caine. None have surpassed 'Memento' for me, yet. Bale had adventures of his own in a police station earlier in the week assisting officers with their enquiries against allegations that the actor had assaulted his mother. Sounds like they just had a blazing row to me. Bale turned up at a press conference for the new movie the next day looking 'moody'. I'm sorry, but does he have another expression? Don't get me wrong, he's a good actor, (his performance in 'American Psycho' was outstanding) but in all the promo interviews I've seen he looks like he'd rather be somewhere elsewhere... maybe jumping about a tower block wielding an axe perhaps?!

No comments: