Thursday 5 February 2009

Talking of Terrys

Another slight 'headache' this morning after a few beers last night. Forced out of bed by the electric man with a loud rap on the front door. Answered it half awake, half dead in my dressing gown. I must have looked awful. He greeted me with a slightly suspicious look and stepped in with his little gadget box. He then read the meter, typed it into his box and was off again. As he left I thanked him, though i've no idea why, as he succeeded in waking me up at ten o'clock in the morning to a bad headache when I would have much rather not been disturbed till at least midday. But then again, it did get me out of my pit and after a wee paracetamol my head was fine within the next hour.
The kettle boiled and I nursed myself back into humankind with a strong teapot of tea and watched the documentary from last night about Terry Pratchett and his experiences investigating Alzheimer's disease after being diagnosed with it last year. Through the program the science fiction/fantasy author took us through the months following his diagnosis including a visit to The Institute of Psychiatry at King's where the main investigations are taking place, seeking a potential cure to the disease. An interesting insight into the author, the disease and the unfortunate effects it can have on people. Pratchett only experiences mild forms of it in this early period and the film itself made the discovery of a cure sound promising for the not too distant future. So fingers crossed for Sir Pratchett and the rest.
Talking of Terrys, it's good to see Terry Gilliam is being recognised by BAFTA this weekend. Always quite like his quirky, usually much underrated, movies.
After having been to the gym tonight, I'm back on the Terry's Chocolate Orange. I received a whole box at Christmas and am currently fighting my way through it. Very addictive.

No comments: