Wednesday 15 April 2009

The Milkybars are on me!

My throat feels like sandpaper. I reckon I've got some kind of throat infection and it's really buggin' me. Might take a wee Jack Daniels to get me to sleep tonight. Lemon, honey, whisky and hot water is supposed to be the ideal solution for these kind of ailments are they not? The hot toddy. Not sure if I could use Jack Daniels though as it's a bourbon. It may not have the desired effect. It's got to be worth a try though eh?
The binging battle through the Easter eggs continues. Tonight it was Ka's brother, Colin's gift. A Shaker Milkybar Egg. Called Shaker because it was filled, as I discovered, with small white chocolate round pieces. After unwrapping the egg I found it sealed up as tight as a duck's arse so proceeded to press gently around the outer edge to try and seperate it into two perfect halves. With great care, and a lot of muttering to myself, I gently pushed on the line running around the egg. It did not work. With a horrible crack, what seemed like a hundred small, chocolate pods explode over the living room (one smacking me straight in the eye) and shards of egg spun over the couch, some getting lost under the cushions and crevices of the sofa. Thankfully Ka was not in the room to see this and I quickly salvaged the debris in a frantic milkybar clean up operation that could not have been bettered by the Milkybar kid himself.
Now that my excitement for the night is over I'll go back to concocting some medicinal drinks.
Unfortunately I've just discovered I have no honey, or lemon... I have hot water and Jack Daniels though so that'll have to do... I'll maybe throw some sugar in? Maybe a second measure for good luck.

No comments: