Friday 16 January 2009

An expert 'stuff' gatherer

Scone day once again and the weekend is here at last. Although the weather is pretty awful outside, the usual rain falling from the usual grey sky, I'm feeling optimistic for a good weekend. Will be busy tomorrow aiding my Dad in emptying a garage full of stuff. All sorts of 'stuff'. 'Stuff' that had gathered over the past year or so since the last time we emptied it of stuff. It's wonderful how 'stuff' gathers. Ka would say I'm an expert 'stuff' gatherer. All the garage stuff includes shelving, old furniture, washing machines, dish washers, kitchens and basically pretty much anything else which is preventing him for using his garage the way he would want to ie to park his car. He could always have a garage sale but I don't think he'd find a lot of people in Chapelton wanting to part cash for half an Ikea futon frame and other such treasures.
Before this my first, and probably only, sales on ebay will be ending tonight. Two seperate tickets for supposed comedian Russell Brand. One of Ka's friends asked me to sell them for her as she does not have an ebay account and presumably had no intention of opening one. It was all very new to me as I'd never sold anything before and it took more than one attempt to get right. For some reason my first attempts failed - something to do with busy servers or some such. On the last look in they each had a grand total of one bid. Well, at least I'll sell them for something... just, not a lot. But then they are Russell Brand tickets, perhaps his recent 'crisis' has had more of an effect on his gig sales than I had previously thought it would. Or maybe it's just my sales technique... I may have had more luck selling them at a garage sale.

1 comment:

E.Rae said...

Good luck selling the tickets. Probably find people will hold off bidding till the last minute. Then you'll get a fair price for the tickets.
At least your Dad's garage isn't full of your stuff. I moved out over 3 years ago and my parents are DESPERATE for me to remove my junk. Did I say junk? I meant really useful and great stuff!